WORLD LANGUAGE VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!
Would you like to share your language expertise with your neighbors in Queens?” Help bridge the language communication gap in Queens! Be the first to be part of a new initiative offered by the Queens Library. Volunteers who are bilingual and fluent in English and either Spanish, Mandarin OR Italian are needed to conduct an 8 week small group session for adults who are interested in learning another language using the new Queens Library on-line program Transparent Language. Training will be provided.
60-90 MINUTE Sessions will be offered at the following libraries:
Broadway Library Saturdays 2:30pm
Far Rockaway Library Mondays 6:00pm
North Forest Park Library Mondays 6:00pm
Bayside Library Thursdays 6:30pm
North Hills Library Fridays 1:00pm
Howard Beach Fridays 10:30am
- Must be 18 years or older (background check will be required)
- Willing to commit for a minimum of 6 months.
- Must be fluent in English and one of the featured languages: Spanish, Mandarin, OR Italian
- Comfortable working with adults
- Previous teaching experience preferred (foreign language teachers/students, interns)
- Must be computer literate and willing to use and assist students with the on-line database as a tool to practice a new language.
- Must attend all required trainings.
Individuals,18 and older are subject to an investigative background check that may be used when considering volunteers.
Click the “EXPRESS INTEREST” button in the link below and create a volunteer profile to get started! A valid email address is required to register.
Any questions: Please contact Fred Gitner, email@example.com